"All the suffering that goes on inside our minds is not reality", says Byron Katie. "It's just a story we torture ourselves with" Byron Katie built a process for dealing with our negative thoughts and emotions which she calls "The Work." With "The Work", Byron Katie shows how anyone can find their stressful beliefs about life, other people, or themselves & radically shift them toward something positive.
In this episode of the Life Stylist, Luke Storey dives into the work and how Byron Katie became labeled as enlightened, though she claims “I’m just someone who knows the difference between what hurts and what doesn’t.”
The Work is featured by many as a framework for inward discover of suffering as featured by many including Oprah Winfrey. The foundation of the "The Work" begins with four key questions, as Oprah highlights here in OprahMagazine.
In Alterra Pure's hometown, Ojai, CA - Byron Katie hosts a nine day school for The Work. A school focused on unlearning rather than learning, The School provides a safe, loving, and supportive environment.
You can listen to the Luke Storey podcast with Byron Katie via iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast provider.
Byron Katie also hosts her own Podcast called The Work of Byron Katie by Byron Katie.
Alterra Pure crafts organic percale sheets and duvet covers from sustainably sourced cotton and fair trade production. The best organic sheets for the greatest night's sleep.
- Shaman Durek Shares Ancient Wisdom on the Luke Storey Podcast, sponsored by Alterra Pure
- Sustainable and Eco-Friendly Packaging | Alterra Pure
- Dealer Spotlight: Spruce Home Goods in Callicoon, New York
- What is Thread Count and What is the Best Thread Count for Sheets?
- Alterra Pure Sponsors The Life Stylist podcast w/ Luke Storey, ep142, featuring Byron Katie